Monday, March 22, 2010

Update

Well I have been still hiking away with the girls but have been having watch difficulties. I am getting data but its always incomplete so I haven't been posting it. One I lost satellites midway through, the next time I forgot to shut it off and most of the data is of me driving around in my Jeep and the last week I forgot to turn it on until we were half way done! Sheesh.
I also should update everyone on my Summer. I agreed to hike Juan again this June and then the group decided that the dates weren't working so I now will be hiking Juan in April! I fly out April 14th, hike the 15ht til 19th and fly home the 20th. We fly into Nanaimo which will be nice as I have never been there, then we are renting a car to drive to Sooke and meet up with Donald C. Mills www.donaldcmills.com the writer of Giant Cedars, White Sands: Juan de Fuca Marine Trail Guidebook. This is a book my mom bought last year before our hike and Nancy contacted him with a few questions. Now he is going to help us park our car @ Botanical Beach and give us a ride back to the China Beach Trailhead so we can hike to our car!
I also have a wonderful surprise at the end of my hike! (other then the satisfaction of completing it!) My friend Suzanne who was @ Botanical Beach a couple weeks ago has left me a geo cache hidden at the finish line! What a wonderful treat to a wonderful trip!
Most of the planning is complete, so now its about praying to Zeus to dry up some of the crazy amount of mud I am sure is on the trail!
I am also starting to gear up my training for the Death Race. Lucky for me the Press Run is in 10 weeks and the GP Run/Walk Club www.gprunwalk.com is doing free training sessions to all members. So I am starting with the 10 k running group and once that is done I am going to use the 21 k training pattern to continue through the summer.
So I will keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment